Kenex 3D Geological Modelling
With an established background in compilation and management of exploration data, as well as 2D predictive modelling for a range of mineralisation styles, adding 3D geological and prospectivity modelling services to Kenex’ portfolio is a logical step forward.
3D geological and prospectivity modelling are essential tools that can add significant value to your business. Cost effective field exploration requires thinking in a true 3D framework, as ore deposits are controlled by inherently three-dimensional processes. 3D models are useful for exploration targeting, by allowing spatial data modelling techniques to be used in 3D, as well as for maximising the value of resource models through integration of 3D geology into geostatistical estimates.
With new tools and techniques available and increased processing power of computers, realistic geological models can be created at the scale of the mineral system with all information recorded about geology, geochemistry and the physical properties of the system in a block model. Kenex can work with you to provide meaningful solutions tailored to the specific needs of your exploration or mining venture. We use a variety of tools including Leapfrog, GOCAD, MicroMine, ER Mapper, ArcGIS and MapInfo.
Kenex uses prospectivity modelling and geological modelling in 2D and 3D to select and manage our own exploration project portfolio, and can therefore speak from experience of its benefits.
Key Benefits of 3D Geological Modelling:
- Display of all relevant exploration data in a 3D Platform
- Fully integrated and geometrically correct model of the 3D geology, particularly those hosting mineralisation
- Improve the understanding of the controls on mineralisation in 3D
- Improve resource definition by constraining and domaining geology effectively
- Ability to develop a range of statistically tested 3D predictive maps of main geological, geochemical and geophysical mineralisation controls
- Expand 2D prospectivity modelling techniques into the third dimension to predict drill targets at prospect scale and allow statistical prediction of extensions to mineralisation at mine scale
- Ability to work with multiple datasets, to evaluate previously identified targets and develop targets in areas not adequately explored