Senior Geologist / GIS Analyst
Katie is a Senior Geologist at Kenex with 10 years of experience in the mineral exploration industry. Katie has been involved in numerous prospectivity modelling projects in several countries including Porphyry Copper-Gold in Papua New Guinea, Epithermal Gold in Western Turkey, and Wind Energy in New Zealand. Katie’s current roles at Kenex include the collection and management of spatial data, management of mineral prospectivity modelling projects, and developing and implementing exploration target databases and analysis techniques.
Katie has presented at numerous conferences in New Zealand and internationally helping to market Kenex's predictive modelling and exploration targeting capabilities.
Outside of work, Katie is a busy mum with two young boys. When time allows she enjoys practicing yoga, reading a good book, bush walking and gardening.
- Ten years in the mineral exploration and GIS Industries with Kenex.
- Bachelor of Science (Geology) - 2004 Victoria University of Wellington.
- Master of Science with Honours (Geology) - 2007 Victoria University of Wellington.
- VIEPS Geology of Gold Short Course 2008 held at Melbourne University.
Job Role at Kenex:
- Mineral prospectivity modelling
- Predictive modelling for other industries
- Overseeing and managing prospectivity modelling projects
- Collection and management of spatial data using GIS
- Updating Kenex’s SQL Server databases
- Exploration targeting from Kenex’s target databases
- Individual assessment of exploration projects
- Marketing and business development including presenting at conferences