New Zealand Operations Manager
Katie is a Senior Geologist at Kenex with 10 years of experience in the mineral exploration industry. Katie has been involved in numerous prospectivity modelling projects in several countries including Porphyry Copper-Gold in Papua New Guinea, Epithermal Gold in Western Turkey, and Wind Energy in New Zealand. At Kenex Katie has had key roles in the collection and management of spatial data, undertaking and managing mineral prospectivity modelling projects, and developing and implementing exploration target databases and analysis techniques. In her new role as New Zealand Operations Manager Katie is responsible for the overall management of Kenex operations and projects.
Katie has presented at numerous conferences in New Zealand and internationally helping to market Kenex's predictive modelling and exploration targeting capabilities.
Outside of work, Katie is a busy mum with two young boys. When time allows she enjoys practicing yoga, reading a good book, bush walking and gardening.
- Over ten years in the mineral exploration and GIS Industries with Kenex.
- Bachelor of Science (Geology) - 2004 Victoria University of Wellington.
- Master of Science with Honours (Geology) - 2007 Victoria University of Wellington.
- VIEPS Geology of Gold Short Course 2008 held at Melbourne University.
Job Role at Kenex:
- Overall management of Kenex operations and projects.
- Client management.
- Undertaking and managing prospectivity modelling projects.
- Collection and management of spatial data using GIS.
- Updating Kenex’s SQL Server databases.
- Marketing and business development including presenting at conferences.