GIS Analyst / Geologist
CConnie joined the Kenex team in February 2012. She graduated from Victoria University of Wellington in December 2016 with a Master of Science in Geology with first class honours.
Connie has worked on several prospectivity modelling projects during her time at Kenex and works closely with the rest of the team to assist them with their projects. She is also involved with the development of our marketing and social media campaign, and assists with developing posters, flyers and media updates for the website and social media webpages.
Outside of Kenex, Connie enjoys experimenting with new recipes and sharing her 'old favourites' with friends as well as playing strategic board games and spoiling her cat.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Major in Chemistry and Geology at Victoria
University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Master of Science (MSc) in Geology at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
More information about Connie' thesis...
- ESRI webcourses "Basics of Python" and "Python scripting for Geoprocessing workflow"
- 5 years in GIS industry
- ESRI ArcGIS and MapInfo
- Spatial analysis and modelling
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Geochemical research
Job Role at Kenex:
- Prospectivity modelling
- GIS spatial data analysis
- Digitisation and verification of spatial data
- Weekly permit monitoring in New Zealand
- Preparation of technical reports and datasets
- Preparation and presentation of posters and talks
- Website and social media updates
- Preparation of marketing material